Version 2.0.2 1999/12/21 (Alpha #3)
- Essentially a bug fix release, most problematic bugs concerned
replacements in 16-bit version (See Change.log in source archive
for full list of fixes)
- Made ESC exit program like it did in version 1.5
Version 2.0.1 1999/11/29 (Alpha #2)
- The parameters for the -v option have been redone to enable altering
the screen colors. -v:mono will also work in DOS without ANSI.SYS
- -d will preserve the original datestamps of modified files instead of
setting them to the current date and time.
- If an extension in the -z parameter lacks a decompression program,
files with that extension will be skipped.
- Several bug fixes.
Major new features added since version 1.5
- The codebase has been completely rewritten, which has facilitated
porting to Linux and 32-bit DOS and should make porting to other
environments reasonably easy.
- The regular expressions supported are something close to UNIX
extended regular expressions
- Memory limitations should no longer be a problem, at least outside
the DOS 16-bit version.
- The textviewer has much more functionality.
- Backup files can have a numbered extension, which should prevent
MiniTrue from deleting or overwriting any files.
- Grep mode (enabled with -o) can print more than one line of context.
- DOS filenames can use UNIX wildcards.
- MiniTrue can now operate in a terminal, even in DOS.
- Boolean expressions can be nested.
- The -z option can decompress more than one type of archive.
- Directory recursion has many new options.
- The case of replacement text can match the case of the found string.
- If the next match occurs on the current screen, the screen position
is not jumped. (This behavior can be modified with the second parameter
of the -n option)
- The -y option enables skipping binary or text files.
- -e suppresses display of file error messages.
- The help information is now contained in a file which is viewable in the
Things Changed or Removed since version 1.5
- The option character and files/strings seperator has been changed from -
to / to enable porting to UNIX.
- The operator for boolean matches has been changed from & to @
- The option -d, which saved the default configuration, has been removed.
The default options are now read from the MINTRUE environment variable
- The option -g, which created a batch file, has been removed as well.
- The parameter format for most options has been changed.
- The column number for a match is no longer determined
- The progress bar and spinner in the status line is no longer implemented.
- -v no longer allows changing the monitor's video mode.
- The third parameter of the -u option has been removed.
- The -n option no longer seeks a prompt before preceding.
- The "splash screen" is not displayed at the start of program execution.
- -q prevents display of the filename being scanned instead of the splash
- -c now enables case insensitivity instead of case sensitivity.
- The start and end of a replacement string cannot be altered during
- The program name (for 32-bit versions) has been changed from mt to mtr
to avoid conflict with the UNIX tape utility.